As I’ve mentioned in Unique bucket list ideas: how do I come up with those?, I’m moving to Cambridge in July.
I’m incredibly grateful for all that Newcastle has taught me over these past 4 years. But before I go, I want to make sure I don’t leave any unanswered questions behind.
I’ve split the list into two parts, City and University. The latter one is based on all the things you’re “supposed” to do as a university student. Since I already graduated last summer, to do those things might be a little more complicated.
Not impossible, though. I’ll just have to stalk our uni mascot for a bit to get that high five… But other than that, all other uni-specific things I’ve already done.
This is my Newcastle Bucket List:
- Go on a Victoria Tunnel tour.
- Visit Jesmond Dene Park.
- The Discovery Museum.
- Go on a St. James stadium tour.
- See ballet at Theatre Royal.
- Visit The Biscuit Factory art gallery.
- Visit Belsay Hall and Gardens.
- Life Science Centre science village.
- The Literary & Philosophical Society historical library.
- Ousburn Farm.
- Go to Whitley Bay.
- See a play at Tyne Theatre and Opera House.
- Visit Heaton Park.
- Have dinner at Jamie Oliver’s restaurant.
- Visit The Baltic art gallery.
- See the Angel of The North.
- Go to Hoppings Fair.
- Write an article for a campus publication.
- Take a trip off campus and explore its surrounding area.
- Strike a pose with something — or someone — everyone on campus knows.
- Abuse all the perks and discounts I can get from my Student ID.
- Have a couple of drinks before watching a sports match where I don’t know any of the rules.
- At some point, dance on a table just because it’s really fun.
- Complete a bar crawl — get a drink at every bar in town.
- Learn something unique about the history of my university.
- Non-ironically give my school mascot a high-five.
- Get a picture with my school mascot.
- Play beer pong.
- Learn a foreign language.
- Dye my hair.
- Learn to play hacky-sack.
- Drink around a bonfire.
For more bucket list ideas: My Lifetime bucket list.
For great food and drink must-dos in Newcastle: The Courier student newspaper.